It’s ironic when people say, “Don’t judge a book by its cover”. But that’s what everyone does; we judge things by their outward appearances. In fact, it takes 1/20th of a second to make an impression and the same applies to your website. A study shows that it takes 2.6 seconds for a user’s eyes to land on the part of your site that will leave an impression.
Hence, if you want to make your viewers switch to becoming customers, you have to create an appealing landing page that will persuade your viewers to stick around and also take an action.
A well-designed landing page can help you create good purchasing relationships with individuals or in business to business dealings. That is why, it is essential to design a page which has more than just plain old graphics, texts, and a CTA.
To begin with, let us understand what a landing page is?
In digital marketing lingo, a landing page is an independently operating webpage specifically created for advertising campaigns. It’s designed with a single focused object known as a call-to-action.
There are 2 basic structural types of landing pages:
Lead Generation Landing Pages (sometimes referred to as lead gen or lead capture pages) uses a web form as the Call to Action, for the purpose of collecting lead data such as names and email addresses. This is the landing page that’s most commonly used in B2B marketing.
Click-Through Landing Pages are typically used for e-commerce and they have a simple button as the Call to Action.
What makes your landing page effective?
Undeniably, the design of a landing page along with its content as an element is the primary concern for a website’s execution. But for creating an unfading impression, you will have very less amount of time to capture someone’s interest.
Hence, an effective visual creative for your landing page is crucial. So, be sure to have these basics into consideration when finalising the design on the page:
- Before deciding the headline, make a list of potential benefits it can provide – The proposition should be consumer-centric. It should benefit the customer. You should focus primarily on how they’ll feel after making a purchase.
- Simple, minimal, and user-friendly page design is mandatory – The page should serve only one main objective. Hence cluttering the page becomes a huge turn-off. Try avoiding complexities. Remember, 94% impressions are design related. When viewers do not like the aspect of the design; they often leave website unexplored further than the homepage, which is not considered suitable at all.
- The spotlight should be on the CTA button – Missable CTAs due to improper placement or lack of contrast or even for the lack of proper incentive will lead to a massive reduction in conversions. Creating CTAs that inspire action is essential to every landing page designed. They have to capture viewers attention and assist them in taking the desired action.
- Use readable fonts – All the effort will go into vain if the font is way small or unreadable due to various reasons. Make sure that the action content is visible and easily readable. Don’t use more than two typefaces. Even if the text overlaps images, make sure it can be well read, or else there is a risk of text blending into imagery.
- Use more visual elements effectively – Humans are emotional beings. Hence satisfying their senses through visual content can persuade them to take action. A study shows that 40% of people respond well to visual elements than texts. It is a secret for a positive user experience. But using them wisely is the key, or else overdoing can clutter the page and distract viewers.
We at MagikBox Media provide our users with an attractive and optimized landing page for your website.
The lightning speed at which things run on the internet doesn’t give us the luxury of time.
We’re an advertising agency based out of Bangalore. Hence, if perfection is your forte, come onboard with us.